Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Songs

I changed the playlist on my blog quite recently, but I've noticed it doesn't always work. Oh well--I like it when does work!

They are playing Christmas songs on the radio now, and they have played two songs that I cannot stand. One of them is the Dolly Parton and Rod Stewart version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside." OMG. Could they have picked two people any more different to sing that song? It creeps me out--literally.

Another song that I cannot stand is Christmas Shoes. Don't get me wrong-it's a sweet song, but it depresses they hell out of me. Have you heard it? Here are the lyrics....it makes me cry EVERYTIME I hear it! It drives me nuts!!

It was almost Christmas time,
There I stood in another line
Trying to buy that last gift or two,
Not really in the Christmas mood.
Standing right in front of me
Was a little boy waiting anxiously,
Pacing round like little boys do,
And in his hands, he held a pair of shoes.
And his clothes were worn and old.
He was dirty from head to toe,
And when it came his time to pay,
I couldnt believe what I heard him say.

Chorus:

Sir, I wanna buy these shoes for my momma please.
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size.
Could you hurry, Sir?
Daddy says there's not much time.
You see, she's been sick for quite a while;
Know these shoes will make her smile.
Want her to look beautiful if Momma meets Jesus tonight.


He counted pennies for what seemed like years
Then the cashier said Theres not enough here.
He searched his pockets frantically
Then he turned and he looked at me.
He said Momma made Christmas good at our house
Though most years she just did without.
Tell me, Sir, what am I gonna do?
Somehow Ive got to buy these Christmas shoes!
So I laid the money down;
I just had to help him out.
And Ill never forget the look on his face
When he said Mommas gonna look so great!

Chorus

I knew that I got a glimpse of heavens love
As he thanked me and ran out.
I knew that God had sent that little boy to remind me
What Christmas is all about.
Chorus in childrens voices

Young boy:
I want her to look beautiful

If Momma meets Jesus tonight.

Where are my tissues?!! BAH WAH WAH!!!


4 comments:

Jan said...

Oh Isee what you mean, pass me one of your tissues please sniff ....love Jan xx

lisa said...

i hate this holiday song they play at work constantly about an Italian donkey. OMG. It makes me insane to hear it. Sad Christmas songs are also unnerving. XO

Missie said...

I can't stand any Dolly Parton songs! LOL

Have a good evening!

Toon said...

Have you ever heard "Drummer Boy" sung by Bing Crosby and David Bowie?? Talk about disturbing!

Russ

Blog Archive