Sunday, March 15, 2009

How To Catch A Leprechaun







Leprechauns: Little Irish shoemaking elves that have a love for gold. You know when one is about when you hear the tapping of hammers. My son's homework assignment for the month was to make a trap to catch a leprechaun. All of the projects from class will be due tomorrow, in hopes to trap a "wee" one. What the class will do IF they trap one-I have no idea!



It was a fun project. I used an empty cardboard napkin container, some cardboard lined with shelf paper. from some Avon Boxes, some glitter, some gold necklaces and pretend coins, some crayons, and a lot of clover, weeds, and rocks and dirt from the yard. Nicholas is pretty proud..I just hope it doesn't all wilt overnight. How the hell am I going to carry this to his classroom tomorrow? It shall be interesting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't he just use a mouse trap spraypainted green with a little Irish whiskey as the lure? I'm just sayin'.

You guys did that very cute :-).
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Julie, Nicholas sure id a fine job on the trap. I wish his luck. I wonder how many otheres had Mary Kay boxes to use.
Bill

Sage Ravenwood said...

His smile is just priceless. He'll catch him with charm. Love the project, he did a wonderful job. (Hugs)Indigo

Jimmy's Journal said...

Most of the little buggers can be cornered with some good Irish whisky, but unfortunately by the time I've had a nip or two, I'd forgotten what my mission was.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,

I am still blogging….. I finally moved my blog to a link that has THE NAME of the blog in it so it looks a lot cooler now that just cmarlow480.blogspot….. Anyways the new blog is at:

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/

Please update your FOLLOWING list, and Google reader's

-- Christopher