Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10 Things..

I got this from Dawn:


List 10 things you love, but no longer exist-(or seem to no longer exist):







1. Flicks - Remember these? I used to LOVE these candies.. Apparently they still do sell them somewhere, but nowhere near me...



2. Handwritten letters - Remember those? Nowadays, everything is typed or emailed-they are practically extinct! The other day I sat down to write a letter, and my hands and fingers got sore! My handwriting just isn't as nice as it used to be either.. My fingers want to type on a keyboard. On the rare occasion when I do get a written letter, I put that letter away in a safe place so I can read it again. I have never thrown away a letter.. I have some that I've kept from high school---I love them.







3. Jland weekly assignments with John Scalzi! They were fun, thought provoking at times, and at other times, just fun to do. I also met a lot of Jlanders through the weekly assignments-probably you! Yep, I miss those...don't we all?








4. Skyview Drive-In.. This drive in was the drive in my parents would take us when we were children, and the same drive-in I would take my own children to. I remember hiding under blankets to get into this place for free. I also remember the night my father drove out of the drive-in in utter disgust in the beginning of the movie, "High Anxiety"--very embarrassing-thank God it was dark. For some odd reason, Drive-In's are getting pretty scarce nowadays... They closed down this one a few years ago, and I shall miss it. Where else can you take your kids to see a movie under $10?!





5. Free parking! Is there such a thing nowadays??!!






6. Easter & Christmas Vacation.. Now, to be politically correct, names have been changed to: Spring Break & Winter Break... What's next, I wonder...









7. My innocence.. Days when there were no worries in the world, no credit history; when everything was black and white-good and bad and nothing in between. The word "impossible" was never thought of or even used in my vocabulary. The only stressful thing to decide in the morning was what outfit to wear, and how to where to comb the part in my hair...or what type of fruit to put on my head.. Yeah, that is me posing in my mother's kitchen. I'm wearing a tube top--remember those??!! Do they exist anymore??!!! Perhaps it's best that they don't, huh?

8. School. I miss getting up in the morning with a backpack slung over my shoulders. I miss staying up until 1 or 2 a.m. to finish a paper.


9. Waking up mid morning to the smell of bacon and eggs, knowing that I could stay in bed until hearing the call, "Breakfast is ready!"


10. Chicklets! Where are they?! What happened to those chicklets!! Did you know that you can actually blow into the end of a box of chicklets and play it like a whistle?!









7 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG... Scalzi's weekend assignments were the best! And, i loved going to the drive-in! I would try to stay awake but I never could! Chiclets? Girlfriend... they are at every CVS and food store... maybe they aren't on the West Coast though? LOL This was fun!

be well...

Missie said...

I miss drive ins! Gotta love those chiclets!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Julie, at my age I miss a lot more than most people. Problem is I can't remember what they are. Bill

Anonymous said...

haha I gotta be the funny one it almost looks like your topless in that one pic bc you know tubetops had no straps at the top ( I guess thats Spegetti Straps ) and I was like omg shes topless with bananas but then I read the tubetop part below the picture and laughed at myself!

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/

Jan said...

What a great entry got me thinking of all the other things that crept away whilst we werent looking ..love Jan xx

lisa said...

i liked John....too bad he is no longer around....i do NOT miss school! Are you crazy? Chiclets...i think they are at WM. XO

Sage Ravenwood said...

Letter writing now a days referred to as snail mail, would of been my top miss. I still write them though, not everyone does. I actually have a few friends I met online that, that write back and forth with me. It gives it that much more realism than just an online friendship.

Drive-In would of been the next. It's a fond past time of my youth.

I miss days of long flowing hair and no gray...

Then the finale would be the old fashioned A&W Drive in. Where they would put a tray on your window with frosted mugs. I miss those...

(Hugs)Indigo

Blog Archive