Thursday, April 16, 2009

Playing Catch Up...

First, thanks for all your kind comments in regards to my last entry. I'm a bit removed from the situation-across the other side of the globe. Today was Otilia's funeral. Unlike funerals here in the states where it can take days for the service and the burial, in the Azores people are customarily buried within 24 hours. I'm sure the family back there are all in a state of shock. My kids were sad, but they are alright. Lizzy changed her Myspace picture. Instead of her picture with the fake tattoos, she is standing with her Tia Otilia in her grand-parent's backyard. Otilia would have loved it. She loved being in pictures, and when she was younger, would put up her hair, put on her makeup and go downtown to get her photos taken for fun. She my daughter have that in common. Yes, I'm going to miss her-especially when I go back to the islands again. It's going to be strange going to the island and not stopping at her house on the corner.

Easter was nice. After church we went to my mom's house for Easter dinner, and it was nice being with my siblings and their kids. My brother brought one of his strange friends over too. I don't know why, but my brother has the strangest friends. At least this friend wasn't the one who talks to aliens who is dating the lesbian stripper from Reno. Oh well, it kept the evening entertaining at least.



Nicholas




Nicholas & Daddy



Me and my boys (Lizzy was not taking pictures--she has been sickly since Easter.)



Andrew, Mom & my sister-in-law, Karen



Mom, Nick, and my brother Eddy




Everyone have a great weekend! I have bags to pack-going away for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. :) Thank you all again!

7 comments:

Jan said...

You deserve to have a lovely weekend away ,after the sadness ,God Rest Aunty......love Jan xx

Missie said...

Hope you have a good weekend.

Lori said...

You guys have a very nice anniversary trip!

Jimmy's Journal said...

Happy anniversary and enjoy your trip.

Jimmy

Bethe said...

OH look at YOU! I finally have a face to put with your name :) Love the p hotos of your famiy sweetie. AND Happy Aniversary!
*I know I'm late, but I was sorry to hear about your lose, Otillla.

hugsss...

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a Cute Family :)


-- Christopher

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/

lisa said...

love the pics...you are so pretty.....glad you all had a happy Easter! XO

Blog Archive