Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend...



Well, it's been an interesting week...

Between the various strange men that have "invaded" our home, tearing up the walls, putting in the new copper pipes,and Nicholas coming home with a terrible stomach virus, my week has been a combination of bathroom visits (running towards the sink because I'm going to puke) with intermediate runs to the toilet, and misplaced furniture and Avon boxes I've have around for storage. Nick got sick, I got it, and then husband got it. I think I have had an average 3 to 4 hour night's sleep the last 4 days. The bathrooms are a mess, and I have holes in my walls. This all makes me feel, I don't know---unbalanced--I hate disorganization! I like things neat, and their place! To top it off, I went to the dentist a few weeks ago and got a filling for a tooth that wasn't bothering me. Suddenly this tooth, that they "fixed" is hurting me! I don't know if it's my gums, or what... I dragged myself to work today, and I thought I was feeling better, until boss lady said:

"Oh Julie, you look horrible!"

Lovely. I was told to go home--so I did-not until I looked in the mirror a dozen times to really see if I looked that way. My mom said my eye looked swollen, and that I was looking a little "sonhsa" : Portuguese slang meaning: tired looking. Lovely.. By mid-day I felt like a troll.

Speaking of trolls, I apparently have one...ain't that special? Someone really needs a new hobby--that is all I'm going to say.

Well, I'm hoping for things to change because we have plans for the weekend. (Keeping fingers crossed..) Hopefully by the end of the week, the holes will be patched up, and the pipes will pass inspection, so by next week we can start painting! YAY! No longer will we have those nasty rusty pipes! No more rust stains to scrub off in the bath tub! YAY! I took a look of the old ones that they took out, and it was really disgusting/scary to see how much rust have accumlated throughout the years...

Today I went home after the suggestion of my boss lady, and picked up Nicholas. We came home to find husband laying on the couch sleeping, so I went upstairs and "cleaned things up" from last night's episode of bathroom runs. Despite the holes and the towels covering the holes up, things are tidy again, and disinfected for another day until the "men" come to patch up the walls. Another round of dust is coming. They do cover everything up with plastic, but dust has a way of getting everywhere. So, I will try and stay positive, because that is all I can do, right? Tomorrow is Wednesday--the week is almost over! Saturday we will all be feeling well, and we will ENJOY our weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha sounds like you've had it rough and have been roughing it out for the past week or so!

Hang in there its ALMOST TGIF!!!!!

-- Christopher

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

You have been thru the wringer my friend!!! Hang in there! Prayers and hugs from me on the way!

be well...

Joann said...

Hope everything is much better by the weekend, and I hope that you are all feeling better now!!

Julie said...

I hope your feeling better. Sounds like the flu Bill has, he tested positive for H1N1. Take care and hope the workers are done soon.

Jimmy's Journal said...

Been busy huh? Wow, I haven't even considered Halloween yet.

Jimmy