Monday, January 26, 2009
I was tagged on Facebook for 25 Things.. Consider yourselves all TAGGED. Seriously, only if you want to! Write 25 facts about yourself, or your thoughts. It's not as hard as it looks!
Getting to know you...getting to know all about you kind of thing...sorta like a meme.
1. I’ve learned to never regret the obstacles and disappointments of my past. They are part of all that defines me of who I am, how I live, and where I need to go.
2. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life was to forgive myself.
3. There is not one day that passes when I don’t miss my father.
4. When I was 19 years old, being the naïve and romantic girl that I was, I wished on a falling star that I would meet my future husband that night, and sure enough, I did. Unfortunately, I did not get the fairytale ending I was hoping for.
5. I’ve seen a ghost.
6. From as early as I remember I’ve always been afraid of aliens. I would have dreams of flying saucers flying over my grandmother’s house. Each flying saucer had the letters UFO plastered on the sides of them. I’m also not to fond of clowns.
7. I hate getting my nails done by men-especially if they have smaller hands then I do.
8. I’ve learned that the most fulfilling job position I can ever hold is MOM.
9. I love babies. I have never met one that I have never loved. There is nothing more precious, or any sound more divine that the sound of baby giggles.
10. I’ve learned to never under estimate a good man. I want to thank my husband’s ex-wife now.
11. A true friend will tell you the truth, even if it is not what you want to hear.
12. I grew up going to church every Sunday, with Portuguese sopas and Lawrence Welk on the T.V. We would pick up my grandmother from her house every day for church, and I remember her perfume. When she died, I was 11, and I took her perfume off the dresser to remember her by. It sits on my dresser now.
13. Two of my children were born on their due dates. My youngest was born two days before. He was to be born on my sister-inlaws’ birthday. She wasn’t going to work that day, so Nicholas chose to be born right when his aunt started her shift in the maternity ward. She delivered him that night.
14. I was born on the 4th day during the 4th month at 12:04. I am the 4th child… I could go on and on about the 4th.. I was married on May 4th, at 4:00 pm.. I never plan it to work that way..it just happens. My world revolves around the number 4 for some unexplainable reason. Did I mention I have 4 kids?
15. Wounds to the flesh heal quicker than the wounds that hit your soul.
16. I’ve had people who have come in and out of my life for only hours at a time who have changed my life forever. I doubt if they even realize it.
17. I love maps. Most of the pictures hanging in my house involve maps of some kind. I also have a longing to travel to far away lands. I also have also found myself attracted to people from different cultures and accents.
18. I’m a California native, but I have a very strong Portuguese background. When I am in the Azores I feel like I am also home. My favorite sound is the language. When I hear it, I get that warm and fuzzy feeling all over.
19. Every night before I go to bed I thank God for my healthy children, my husband (although he doesn’t believe me, he was heaven sent) and my warm home. If you were to ask me 10 years ago if I would ever be so happy in life, I would never believe you.
20. On the day I met my husband, I rode on the Giant Dipper at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz for the very first time in my life. I believe I was 32 years old. On that same day, I went on the merry-go-round and tossed the ring in that clown’s mouth not once, not twice, but 3 times in a row. It was truly the best day of my life.
21. The one thing that aggravates me the most are negative people. I remain positive for the most part. I get disappointed with people sometimes when they don’t share my optimistic attitude. I expect miracles to happen perhaps too often.
22. I have a desire to do something different each month this year. See a new place, read a new book, meet a new person.. I tend to stay in one place a little too often-stay with the places that are always familiar. I need to branch out more.
23. I know sometimes I come across as quiet and shy. I really am not that kind of person. I do tend to not voice my opinion too loudly though. I tend not to express myself to people I don’t know very well. I have friends, but my closest ones can be counted on one hand.
24. Now that I’m older, I feel bolder. I truly believe I didn’t know who I was until I turned 30. I wish I had this much self-confidence when I was younger.
25. My weakness is bread and chocolate. I could live on those two items for the rest of my life, but I doubt I would be still be able to fit in my favorite jeans.
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (24)
- ► 2010 (27)
- ▼ 2009 (76)